Fantastic job opportunity with Globalteer in Siem Reap!
If you have ever wanted a complete change of scene and to work with a non profit 'in-the-field', but thought you didn't have the right skills, well think again! If you have experience in a customer-facing role with strong administration skills, then you could be on your way to a new life in Cambodia! Read on to find out of you have what it takes to be our new Volunteer Development Coordinator, based in the lovely town of Siem Reap... Job description
The Volunteer Development Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting new volunteers to Globalteer projects and partners. You will be the first point of contact for potential volunteers and will ensure that all incoming enquires and applications are dealt with appropriately and in a timely fashion. You will also maintain accurate and detailed records of all communications with prospective volunteers, and liaise with relevant team members in order to keep them up to date with the progress of volunteer applications and placements.
The successful candidate will be based in Siem Reap, Cambodia and will enjoy a competitive local salary plus health insurance and 30 days paid vacation a year. Working hours are 37.5 a week. Key role responsibilities
- Answering e-mail and telephone enquiries and processing volunteer applications and communications
- Maintaining volunteer placement booking records
- Calling potential volunteers to discuss their application
- Sending pre-arrival information to volunteers
- Liaising with other staff regarding prospective volunteers
- Being the first point of contact for partner NGOs in securing local volunteer placements and understanding specific volunteer needs
- Background checking volunteers to ensure they are suitable to work with children
- Staff cover
Person Specification – Essential
Person Specification - Desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and e-mail
- Numerate, well organised and with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working in a customer service-driven organisation
- Experience of working with people of all nationalities, ages and backgrounds
- Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector and to communicate with team members in other time zones
- An understanding of volunteering and the role they play in international development
- A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
- Outgoing, social personality
- A solution-focused, can-do attitude
How to apply:
- Understanding of customer relationship management
- Experience of working in a sales and marketing environment
- A background in international development or other charity work
- Recent travel experience in SE Asia and/or Peru
Interested candidates are requested to submit a one-page cover letter outlining why you are applying and what you think you can bring to the role, and a detailed CV/Resume to: email@example.com Closing date of applications: 5pm GMT, Sunday 7th August 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer before 21st
August 2016 have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.